Monday, October 3, 2011

Frenchy Desk

Another great weekend! Went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love with some good friends. There is some questionable scenes but there is some really funny ones too. At one point I laughed so hard I cried. It might have been because I've survived raising 4 teenage children!!!! The best part of the weekend was reviewing craigslist and seeing something that I missed earlier in the day! Right there in black and white print "french style desk" Do I need another desk? NO but it's french!!! I quickly asked when I could come and see it. Ugh! someone had beat be to it. Saturday morning there was an email from the desk lady saying that the other person didn't want it. YES! I called and got the address and went over to see it. Thinking there had to be something really wrong with it, for someone not to want it. There's a few minor repairs that need to be done, but nothing I can't do. After a coat of paint you will never know she had a blemish! I'm thinking of painting her with ASCP. I'm going to lighten the graphite add a little blue and see what happens. On the raised part I think I will paint that white. And then maybe add a bit of glazing to her. I'll take pictures of her journey into stardom! Can't wait to get started!






Need to fix the cardboard that is falling down!



~Sally~
Partying with ~
domestically-speaking.com





4 comments:

  1. You go girl! You will need a little French chateau soon to put all your frenchy pieces in! You collect desks and I collect small tables, we should all combine and start a little business, you, me, magnolia bend and Cherri ! Love the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't get the card board in place, maybe Jeff will cut that part of the desk off and you will finally have the frenchy end table you've been dreaming of... no?

    Sounds like you had a fun frenchy weekend. Looking forward to seeing the make-over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally! Thanks for stopping by Curb Alert! Love the desk, it's a shame that a hundred years ago I gave away my entire frenchy bedroom set just like that! Ugggh!
    Visit again sometime!
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the desk! I actually saw one on craigslist exactly like it. I was going to get it, but didn't get around to it. Oh well! Love it though.

    ReplyDelete